Friday, May 6, 2011

Fanfic Friday

I tend to develop crushes on characters from most shows I watch. What can I say, it's my thing. It started many moons ago when I was about seven. My mum thought it was time to introduce me to 'Anne of Green Gables'. The gorgeous Gilbert Blythe came on that screen and my poor little heart was a goner!  That was the first of many tv crushes. But the tv crush that introduced me to fanfiction.net was Gio Rossi from Ugly Betty.  He left me wanting more...alot more than the writers were giving thats for sure!  So some lovely lasses introduced me to fanfic and after awhile encouraged me to write my own stories. I soon found out that I was a hopeless romantic and my  best works were total mush.

 I have never shipped any couples on Supernatural (though I liked the idea of Jo and Dean) so I haven't attempted any Supernatural stories. What never fails to amazed me is the level of talent that some of the fans were blessed with. I have read so many stories where I think, "That so needs to happen on the show!"  Plus any story that leaves me with a smile is a winner in my book.

 If I had known that one day I was going to start a blog I would have bookmarked my favourite stories. But alas I didn't. So I am going to start of Fanfic Friday with a feelgood Dean/Cass friendship story.
This story was written by Tribble Master and it's called Toy Soldier. A cute little oneshot based on the episode 'I Believe The Children Are Our Future' where Jesse turns Cas into a doll. (Two things - I am surprised that Jesse was never written into 'Swan Song' considering it was mentioned he had his part to play in the Good Vs Evil fight and he just disappeared...and I really want a Cas doll!)
Here is the link.


Give me the Castiel doll, because Edward is just lame.       


I have only recently become a closet Destiel fan. I have loved the way the characters have interacted since day one. But it wasn't until I came across this next fic that I started to see them in a new light. I am not one to like the hardcore stories. I prefer the sweet ones as this one is. It is written by ScottyFTW and is called Four Things Castiel Isn't Allowed To Do. Call me thick but it wasn't until the second thing that I had a Ah Ha moment and caught on to what was happening :)
Here is the link.
Enjoy the stories and feel free to send me your favourites. I love me a good story.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment