Saturday, April 30, 2011

Then and Now


I have been a fan of Supernatural from the very first episode. I was (still am) a huge fan of Gilmore Girls and when I first read that Jared Padalecki (Dean GG) would be playing younger brother Sam Winchester on Supernatural,I knew I would watch the premiere.Then I read the premise of the show and knew I would be glued to my chair.At this time I had no idea who Jensen Ackles was.Which seems impossible to me now!




 Well of course the show was all I hoped it would be and left me anxious for the next episode. I can honestly say that has never changed.



Then the dilemma! Sam girl?Dean girl? Oh my!How are we meant to choose? I kept going back and forth,back and forth.Of course I had indepth discussions with my Supernatural loving BFF at the time (we shall call her BFFALW- Best Friend For A Little While).Funnily enough she was a Dean supporter all the way until Sam turned darkside. She loves her bad boys.At that stage I was a Sam girl too but switched sides because,"Dean needs some love."




 Poor Sammy was doing bad things for good reasons.How could I turn my back on him!I told her I could no longer choose.I loved them both equally.That night she dreamt (she had regular SPN dreams) that we were at a bbq all together and Sam decided he liked me better than her and I left with both Sam and Dean. She was devastated and may or may not of called me a whore : )


 Then Season 4 started.Dean was alive!I thought things couldn't get better.I was wrong! Castiel...the blue eyed angel walked through that door and I was lost! BFFALW tried shoving doubts in my head."He burnt out her eyes!He is evil!I'm telling you, is evil!" I couldn't believe that."Nothing that perfect could be evil.He saved Dean for Christs sake!" Yes my arguement was lame.But I had the faith Dean lacked. It didn't steer me wrong.He was an Angel of the Lord...*sigh*  I was to forever be a Cass girl.




 Jump 3 years and I am sure BFFALW is gloating at me now.I am waiting  for a 'I told you so' message on Facebook.But my faith still holds.I am waiting patiently for next weeks episode 'The man who would be king'. I know any bad deeds Cas has committed was done with the best intentions.The fact that he is doubting his actions prove that.I just hope that Dean and Sam support him when it all comes tumbling out.


 As for Misha's being renewed.I would be amazed if he hasn't. Of course no one can confirm it without ruining this seasons plot lines and possibly next seasons premiere. Even Misha's keeping mum on Twitter:


mishacollins Misha Collins 
I have good news & bad news. The good news is the reality show I like about the two brothers who take acid & hunt ghosts gets a 7th season.


mishacollins Misha Collins 
the bad news is... brace yourselves... they were out of my fleur de sel carmel ice cream at the grocery store just now. I am beside myself.


So are we Misha.So are we.


I have no theories on the souls and Sam's in particular as are all over the net.I know the writers will come up with something better than anything I could imagine.But I see the cliffhanger being Dean killing Cas for his wrong doings...Before I get hunted down...I see the premiere as,God has reappeared and brought Cas back.Even though he went about it wrong,it was after all to save Heaven. Castiel is pissed and hurt at Deans lack of faith in him.At that moment Dean is praying to Cass, (it is becoming a habit) full of guilt and wanting forgiveness from his friend,knowing it impossible now.That is when Cas appears and shows Dean his badass self.


What do you see happening in the cliffhanger/premiere?

No comments:

Post a Comment